Getting together after a funeral to share stories and a meal is a special tradition for many families in Monaca and Rochester. Here at Simpson Funeral and Cremation Services, we always say that every person is unique and needs to be celebrated – and a reception does exactly that. It’s an opportunity to spend time with loved ones in a more casual setting. An opportunity to sit down with family and friends you may not see on a regular basis.
We are proud to offer a beautiful reception venue to the families we serve. Our Hospitality House, just across from our funeral home, features elegant décor, sophisticated lighting, and beamed ceilings. This venue offers everything you’ll need to make your guests feel at home. The house is handicapped accessible and provides a home-like, comforting atmosphere. Recently renovated with beautiful traditional décor, the house has a front and back porch for outdoor gatherings. It’s the perfect place to gather with loved ones to share memories about the special times. We can provide hot coffee and cold soft drinks, and if you wish for something more, we can recommend a number of local caterers or you can bring in your own food. We will help you manage all the details and can provide utensils and paper products.
We understand how important it is to gather together for support when you lose someone close to you.Sharing food enhances the experience. If you’re thinking about putting your own funeral arrangements in place and want to include reception details, or anticipate planning a funeral reception in the coming months or years, consider our culinary suggestions:
- Casseroles. These easily reheat and can provide comfort to those who lost a loved one. Casseroles are filling and can be taken home to be frozen for later or frozen ahead of time. Because there are so many different ways casseroles can be made, you lower your chances of having two or more people bring the same dish. Take a look at this Turkey Noodle Poppyseed Casserole recipe for some inspiration, or try this Chicken Zucchini Casserole that is sure to be a hit.
- Finger foods. These can be great if you are serving a small group, as they’re easy to prepare. If you don’t want to cook, you can call on your local grocery store for a variety of options. Try these quick cucumber sandwiches, or bring classic deviled eggs that everyone will enjoy.
- Meat and cheese trays. This is a popular and delicious choice that comes together easily. You can rely on a local grocery store or prepare it yourself.
- Fruit and vegetable trays. Add variety by setting out a colorful and healthy tray filled with fruits and vegetables. Again, grocery stores do a beautiful job of putting together a tray, or you can do so yourself.
- Salads. Providing a few salad options respects those who may have dietary restrictions or preferences. Don’t limit yourself to “just” lettuce. You can also include pasta, fruits, potatoes, meats, and even bread to create a beautiful buffet.
Contact us today to learn more about your options.